Thread: Socrates.com
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:52   #222
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
What was hard, is that she has many experience to tell you about and writes 2 pages mails daily and all your news take about 4 lines every 2 days.
I see what you mean. I can already feel that I am not "where it takes place", whereas she is. That is why I am determined to start/continue as many personal projects on my side during this year. Kind of an emulation.
Fortunately, she is just 4.5 hours ahead of me now, and only 3.5 hours ahead in summer time, which will make upcoming videochat possible at decent time during the day for both of us.

Quote:
If we could do it again, I would have had for sure taken 2 week off go see her at least once to see what she is living through. It would have made our re-acquittance easier. Easier said now, but at the time I was a student without much money...
I am now thinking of going there once for 2 weeks, probably at the end of next summer, after the mansoon. We could take this opportunity to visit other states of India too.

Barbu, is she the girl who lives with you today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Mumbai is a nice city, she'll be OK there. And it is not too far away, so either of you can come and visit as long as you bother to get the visa and cheap tickets. IMO, Vietnam 13 years ago was less easy to reach.
She will not get back here during the year, as she has far less holidays than in France. Me going there is a much more probable move, so I am hoping things will go well until then.