View Single Post
Old 17-03-2011, 12:06   #6
Darkness

Some quick questions:

How important is it to have a governor in all cities? I understand havin 1 in your key cities is essential, but do you really need them in all cities? If I understand it correctly you could also just queue some builds in governer-less cities.

How many peasant army units for garrison duty? If there is no threat of invasion then just 1 unit should be fine, right? As long as public order stays above 70%...

Is it better to have 1 huge army (to completely overpower enemy forces and take minimal losses), or is it also a good option to field 2 (or 3 smaller) armies and advance in multiple directions? For example, my main force is trying to conquer northern Italy, but due to the strength of naval trade, I am also considering generating a second army to conquer Sardegna...

Are spies always this slow? I sent a spy to open the gates of Medolanium, and he didnt do it (only 40% chance of success anyway), so I built a battering ram. Next turn I have the ram and attack the city, only to see the gates opened by the spy. But then the light infantry unit holding the battering ram couldn't get rid of the stupid thing and I had to enter the city with fewer men, cause they couldn't get through the gate.

Should I conquer provinces to block the advance of the other 2 Roman families (Brutii and Scipii) (so conquer the Balkan and attempt to cross to north Africa) or is it more functional/economical to rush north ASAP with my main army?