View Single Post
Old 20-02-2010, 03:43   #7
Robi D
King

Every civ game and expansion pack that has come out since civ 1 has always been touted as better gameplay, better ai, better diplomacy better blah blah, the problem is there is usually a gap between what is promised and what is delivered, so i'll wait and see how it all turns out before i start jumping for joy.

With the parts they specifically announced, hex tiles make more sense in a 3d world but is no big deal. The return of bombardment is great, it was one of the stupider thing about civ4. Limited resources sounds like a good step forward in realism as are the city states (but then barb cities were suppose be a similar thing in civ4) so it just depends how its implemented. The thing unique leader qualities and social policy just sounds they a putting in a minor tweak and rebranding it as something completely new. I will miss religion, i'm sorry they decided to dump it as it added a bit of flavour, particularly with diplomacy in SP games, but on the other hand they were criticised by just about everyone because it either was too important or not important enough or didn't have an athiest options so they probably figured it easier just not to have it

I am a bit surprised by all this though, last time i heard anything about it they were giving it a rest and working on a facebook civ game. The fact that its due out in 6 months either means they have been BSing and have been working on it for a while or they just decided to do it and it'll be a rush job that will need 3 patches before it works

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!

Last edited by Robi D; 20-02-2010 at 03:46.
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote