View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 20:26   #113
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Although I am not in this game, most players in this one also are in the Rule the World Pitboss AND are CDZ regulars (but not all) so imo it makes sense to comment about the issue Stapel rises.

One of the very standard CDZ codes always has been to play sportsmenlike in CDZ PBEMs and MPs. This includes respecting treaties to its intention and no cheating among other things. The whole idea is the player managing the game itself best gets the rewards, not the one best in backstabbing and treason. Also in my experience floating away from this may result in those minor initial issues like not or only partly paying agreed gpt for a resource for example right up to making a fake alliance and invading your partner unprepared. All of this and everything in between really spoils my fun in the game.

I think neither me or Stapel are naieve or don't know MP games played elsewhere follow these principles.

Look at it this way. Cut out the crap and look at the many in-game options Civ offers to beat your oppononents. Including in-game deception.

My 2 cents.