View Single Post
Old 14-11-2006, 01:32   #8
Socrates
Emperor

Voted : gimme vB.

- Difficult or impossible migration : if it appears we'd lose much, here is an idea. Just keep everything at CDZ until this point in this state (Snitz), start a new vB forum from scratch, and include a big link at a very convenient place in both forums. That way, we enjoy vB, while being able to do our nostalgic geek by clicking on one link, entering an old world. Alice in Wonderland...

- Old stuff alive (consequence of above) : We could still keep the Snitz part open (I assume both forums would be kept on a same server), so as to update old threads. If it costs money to keep Snitz alive, just copy/paste said threads, or there must be a solution (get a life ? ).

- Spambots : can't help you there, I have no experience of admin. If we can purely delete them as they come, fine (just keep one for PP's game though).

- Hassle : Using this Snitz software IS the real hassle. I started to post that way here recently : go into a thread, ooh ! I wanna post an answer, open a new tab (Firefox) for my reply or quote, write my message, post it, and voilą !! Once I've checked the spelling and stuff, I'm done and close the new tab, click Back to get back to Active Topics. Etc...

- Retro feel : IMHO, Snitz is the obsolete stuff. I think we could custom vB to a retro feel the way that pleases us, ie. a real kitsch forum. Hey, I would even let anar's purple colour (crazy English) if you want to keep it.

- Same modability : Definitely. We want our own forums, that's the essence of CDZ ! PP is saying it's handled better in vB, so no worries. I have one special request : if we could be allowed to create sub-forums in our own forums (I'd like to seperate Civ3 from Civ4 from the rest).