View Single Post
Old 23-08-2006, 09:13   #23
Kemal

I'm actually enjoying myself in the casual room already, even with my newbee deck. While I agree that you will always want to get better cards/combos/decks at some stage, improving your card base with a league seems like a really good method, and to me far better than getting a preconstructed deck which forces you in a certain direction.

During the league, you are playing in an even playfield for 4 weeks, and to add bonus you can even win prices, while in reality that only costs $2 from the event tickets, the cards are purchased and kept and can be used for your casual deck too once the league finishes, and are the same price they would have been had you bought them outside the league format.

Seems like a great way to play the game to me, and since a league lasts 4 weeks, overspending on it is a difficult thing. I'd say I'd prolly play once every 6 or so weeks in a league.

Then again, I might not be such a diehard player, as I'm not craving for the best decks per se, but for the nicest combos. Or, to put it in WotC terms, I'm Johnny, not Spike.