View Single Post
Old 17-05-2006, 00:11   #83
WackenOpenAir

Tunr 97, China strikes back !

136.68*KB

Meanwhile, on i am ready to take the 3th chinese town:

74.24*KB

Losing 2 horses and having many wounded, i destroy the largest of the 2 chinese MDI stacks as well as the single MDI next to it. Now i hope to have enough healed horses to handle the second stack and whatever comes after that.

Btw, i imeadiately sold my surplus luxury i conquered from China to India for 9gpt.

My research is turned of now (single scientist) because my financial situation is not enough to support a proper research, and i may try to get Chivalry by other means when it is around so that i can use gold for upgrading.

I am still despotism. My empire is getting ready for Republic, certainly if i lose some more units in my war against china and i can grab that 5th luxury after razing the 3th Chinese town.
A revolt is of course a long term investment so i am not really sure yet if i should make it. The improved golden age will pay for about 5 turns of anarchy, but it is a repay over a 20 turn period, so "interest" should be reduced. I estimate an 8 turn anarchy to be worthy if the game is gonna last another 40 turns or so. After those 40 turns however, the value will grow rapidly.

However, China is a serous threat to me, so before i dedicate myself to a period of anarchy, i want to have peace again with China. I also am not planning to stay at war for another 8 turns, so an earlier revolt also doesn't provide me the opportunity to activate my GA on China. However, i still have the 2 javelin throwers on route to gozpel, they are to arive in about 10 turns from now.

I will decide about this as soon as my war against China is over.
Basically it will be a decision for how long my game should last. Am i going for gozpel with full force as soon as i can obtain Chivalry, or am i maybe gonna be building libraries? I'll have to decide soon.

I am military strong to gozpel.
8 in territory.
6 on population
5 on uncorrupted shield productivity
8 on bruto commerce total
1 on family size
Millitary weak compared to every AI.

I have
8 warriors
2 javelin throwers
1 spearman
17 horsemen