View Single Post
Old 13-03-2006, 16:59   #17
romeothemonk
King

Anyway, with Wikipedia currently down, and at least I can give my own answers.
If they are contested, I can be called many bad things and my forum spammed again.
Continuing on.

#9.
Edmund Dantes (6/10) (I accepted "The Count")
Chevleiar (SP) D'Artagnan (5/10)
Quasimodo, Esmeralda (4/10) (surprisingly no one said "The Hunchback")
Jean ValJean (4/10)

#10.
There were lots of correct answers to this one. (15/20)
Nile, Ob, Rhine, etc. I was actually looking for Nile and Red River North, but you guys found acceptable ones all around

#11.
I was looking for Rum and shipping. I accepted Sugar, Molasses, slave trade. I didn't accept Kry's answer, although it was humorous, it was in decided bad taste. (Krys is actually an O.K. guy, we just appear to have gotten off on the wrong foot). (6/20)

#12.
I accepted Tours, Poiters and Anjers. Special bonus to Krys for naming Charles Martel, one of my military heroes. The battle of Tours is sometimes called Poiters, and Anjers happened 5-7 years after Tours, and completely destroyed the Moslem military prescene north of the Pyrenees. (6/10)

#13.
I was looking for Zorastriaism. (SP) Basically, if you said anything that started with a Z and followed with an o, you got credit. (2/10)

#14.
1869, at Promontory Point Utah. I think everyone said between 1865-1870, but I am not sure anyone got it right. My notes are unclear. (0/10)

#15.
I was looking for the Bessemer process. 2 people got it right, and I also got answers for cold rolling, hot rolling, Pressing, etc.
(2/10)

#16.
I was looking for Fuller. Akots said Fullerenes which I accepted. (2/10)

#17.
Arthur C Clarke. Congrats to Meli. He was the only one who didn't hedge on this one at all. Their were a lot of Einstein's on this quote as well.
(3/10)