View Single Post
Old 19-11-2005, 18:16   #3
Socrates
Emperor

Interesting. Don't hesitate to post more about the relationship between your 2 civs. Indeed you got a good instinct when you saw the Ottomans' starting position : with the industrious worker it is stronger than the other one in short- and mid-term (and maybe long-term !). After all the agricultural trait "just" gives you 1 more food in cities with fresh water under Despotism. The decisive element in favor of that starting position is the number of BGs though (plus the +5 fpt of course).

Just a question : why did your Ottoman worker go improving what I believe is a BG up north ? There is another one by the river just next to the cow. Mmmh, thinking about it, considering the number of turns passed and the improved tiles so far, lemme guess : there was a forest on that tile before, right ?

Another question : how did you start on Writing with the Ottomans on the 1st turn, before being able to let the Iroquois give them Alphabet ? Was there a 1-turn delay for the Ottomans on Writing ? I can't see some more gold in the Ottomans' treasury...

What do you mean with the comment about myself and an Excel sheet ?

One of my regrets about Civ3 is to not have played such a game with 2 civs for each player (too late now). That is very interesting but I hope to do it with Civ4.