View Single Post
Old 14-11-2005, 13:53   #4
Darkness

Computer idiot needing help!

Considering my graphics card (Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller) is not good enough for Civ4 (according to the systems check), I have been looking around a bit on the net to see what kind of problems I might have. Since I don't have T&L, I'll probably suffer from the "Dark Terrain" problem.
Now I don't have the game yet (stupid play.com... ), but reports at that other site lead me to that conclusion.

So, now I have two options:

1 - Wait and see if Firaxis does anything about it (like people are hoping at that other site. (I think that's unlikely as it's a systems requirements related problem)

2 - Get a new graphics card.

Option two however, is problematic. I am a complete idiot when it comes to computer hardware, so I can use all suggetions and comments you're all willing to give.
It is my understanding that there are different types of conncetions for different graphics cards, correct?

So how can I check my computer for what kind of possible connections I have? And thus, what kind of graphics card I should get?