View Single Post
Old 26-10-2005, 14:22   #10
Shabbaman
Administrator

@PP: In extended, skullclamp, disciple and aether vial. Especially aether vial is really strong. In standard they banned arcbound ravager and all the artifact lands. If you do get those ornithopters, artifact lands and some atogs, you have a really competetive deck. I'd only cost you about 5 euros or so. If you're interested, gameforce and cardexchange are cheap and trustworthy sites to buy cards. There are sites where you can buy magic online singles and packs as well, but I don't know them.

For your budget control deck I suggest standstill. Most budget decks lack card drawing, and standstill is cheap (in mana, in value probably as well) and extremily annoying (especially if combined with zombie infestation and squee, muahaha). A fun route for any control deck, but especially for multiplayer.

Cowardice:

Enchantment, 3UU

Quote:
quote:Whenever a creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, return that creature to its owner#65533;s hand. (It won#65533;t be affected by the spell or ability.)
It's a rare, but it's not a really competetive card so you might be able to pick it up cheap. For example, it kills any deck reliant on equipment (see Kemal, this is what I mean when I say there's a way to play around newer cards/abilities!), but it lets you play with icy manipulators as well! Ooh, icy... The budget version would be crystal shard, I guess.

Got you a budget deck for it and a nice article that covers a lot of angles and a lot of expensive decks.

@dr. A.