View Single Post
Old 21-09-2005, 19:29   #28
Whomp
King

OK here it goes. I don't drive anymore. I walk six blocks to work, take cabs, ride the elevated train, take commuter trains and have access to both Midway and O'Hare airports with any of those means of transport.

Romeo and I have very different American lives. City mouse vs. country mouse. Romeo needs a truck. Where he lives it's almost required to haul shit around. It comes in mighty handy when someone is moving or building a deck, haul some gravel, moving some dirt etc. and you can throw all of it in the back of a pickup. We don't do that in cities so a pickup truck ain't so handy, you can't find parking so you just don't see them.

I don't need a car which is one of the great benefits of living where I do. With that said I have helped my girlfriend with buying hers. She likes German cars and with her new job she bought the "teachers edition" X3. Germans make great cars. Pretty simple.

However, I was initially dead set against her buying a SUV but her job requires her to haul heavy boxes of materials to inner city schools for their after school programs. A car would not have the capacity to handle it. That's the story. I think my neighbors who drive humvees and Range Rovers are idiots. They don't need them and they sit in the garage most of the time.