Thread: SGOTM8 Turnlogs
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2005, 12:35   #20
Darkness

Turn 141-150 (Player: Rik Meleet)

IBT. MM cities
Move units out of China. Changed Atlanta to Aqua. Tatung to settler.

Japan want to talk. Our TM for their WM.
English want to talk. Our TM for their WM.

- 1 - Declare war on China. Take Tsingtao (Chinese Capital) for no losses.
Loose 1 horse, but take Shanghai.
I have to MM Chinese cities we took in the previous war. Switch Tientsin to a spear.
I don't like the Viking galley on our shores. But it's going to the island south of Seattle with a warrior and a settler.

IBT: Tientsin: spear -> harbor.

- 2 - Nanking spears kill 2 horses + retreats 1. I do manage to kill 2, but Nanking is still Chinese.

IBT a Chinese spear/settler pair walks around on our northern Island. Wine deal ends.

- 3 - We don't actually need wines; only 2 scientists changed to entertainers will for now. Greece is asking 25 gpt for wines. But; there are only 4 or 5 of each luxury on the planet, so if we pass on a deal; we won't get it back easily when we do need it. So I do buy wines for 25gpt.
Nanking retreats 1 horse, but then we capture the city. The Chinese capitol jumps to Macao; the island in our inner sea.

The war can end now, as far as I'm concerned. But Mao doesn't want to talk.

Copernicus finishes. Golden Age. Starts University. Tsingtao flips to China. Greece starts Leo's.

- 4 - Build Los Angeles between Nanking and Shanghai. Rush some buildings. Position troops to take back Tsingtao.

Chemistry is learned. Research set to Physics.
New York. Market -> Uni
Baltimore. Harbor -> aqua

- 5 - Tsingtao. Fail to capture it.

- 6 - Repositioning troops to recapture Tsingtao.

- 7 - failed again. The Tsingtao 2 spears + 1 longbow kill 2 horses, retreat 1. This just sucks. But at least they want to talk and give up 1 city. Shantung looks very nice (on an island with Spices + barbs + Romans. I'll wait 1 last turn.

- 8 - I finally take Tsingtao. Sign Peace with China for Shantung + WM + 23 gold + 1gpt.

IBT: Physics -> ToG. A barb appears close to Shantung.

- 9 - Not much. Consolidating our positions. Nanking has a huge flip risk as it in Athens' first ring so I'm building a worker there to disband it.

- 10 - Not much.

------------------

Things to be on the lookout for.

* The lands are getting filled. That means we'll soon be declared war upon. We are hopelessly weak in defense. And offense now; with only 5 horsemen left.

* Flip risk is not that big.

* North cities are hopelessly corrupt. Perhaps some tacticul cashrushes will do it.

* ToG in 3. University in Wash in 1, Set it to Newton's prebuild.

* FP in 2 in Seattle.

* Gems for silks will expire in the IBT.

* I didn't MM cities and some units have movement left.

* We are currently researching in 4 turns. We might consider gifting sci civs into the next age with us; to help us race to Paratroopers. Team decision.

Good luck Darkness !!