Thread: SGOTM8 Turnlogs
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2005, 20:09   #16
Darkness

Turn 111-120 (Player: Rik Meleet)

Pre flight check:
Atlanta is building a reg horse. Switch it to barracks.
Buffalo as well. Since production and food is low; I go for harbor.
St. Louis as well, rax ordered.
Switch Washington to rax as well. Markets are nice, but we have a military campaign ahead of us and need vet horses. At the beginning of my first turn we have -only- 5 horsemen and are weak compared to China.

- 1 -
Detroit builds worker, more ordered up there.
New Orleans builds spear, starts worker
- ROME FINISHES TOA -

Against my principles I road a jungle tile before I clear it. This is to get access to Hangchow with horses in 1 turn; instead of 2. New York grows and I hire 1 scientist there. Mono in 1 while I can down the sci-slider to 50%.
Atlanta's borders expanded, raking in the goats.

- 2 -
Chinese want to talk. TM for TM ? I garee, as I'd like to know where all of their cities are. No extra map info gained.
Monotheism is learned. Start on Theology, for trade-value and to quickly get to Universities. Research is important in this "fastest finish" game.
Washington finishes barracks. MM it to 15 spt and spit out horsemen.

Monotheism is traded to China for Feud + WM + all their gold (1). To Greece for 85 gold + WM (If we don't do that; China will benefit from the trade).
Build Denver.
Cashrush harbor in Seattle.

- 3 -
Phil: horse -> horse
Chic: horse -> horse
Seat: harbor -> market
SanF: Court -> Lib

The construction of the harbor allows coast-trade. Greece has Wines for sale. Comm with the Vikings for Wines + WM + 4 gold. Some Micromanaging later we look real good. The 2 horsemen build takes us to average, compared to China. 16 workers, 5 warriors, 2 archers 2 spearmen and 7 horsemen did that. (This is for Propain's formulae).

- 4 -
Wash: horse -> horse.
Bost: Horse -> horse
Greeks start Lighthouse. And finish MoM in Athens. China starts Great Lib & Sun Tzu.
China has Monarchy. Keep it !

- 5 -
China starts Hanging Gardens and finishes The Great Wall (In Beijing). Talk about Wonder addiction. This does mean that we are by far on the biggest landmass.

- 6 -
Wash: horse -> horse
Atla: rax -> horse
Miam: horse -> spear
Hous: rax -> spear

We suddenly know Japan, England and Rome. China does as well. And Greece. And the Vikings.
Trade Feud to Japan for WM + all their gold (43) + Monarchy. Rome gets Feud for WM + 33 gold. If we can get the Greek city of Argos in a peacedeal; we'll have a firm foothold onto Englands Island. And since Japan and Rome share a continent, just 1 city of them would suffice. All civs are broke, except Greece, who is -relatively- filthy rich with 205 gold.

- 7 -
Wonder messages fly around.

- 8 -
Wash: horse -> horse
NewY: settler -> Lib
Phil: horse -> lib
Chic: horse -> horse
Sell our WM around for some spare cash and more WM's.

- 9 -
Our south is not defended at all. Well, we'll need to gamble if we want to win the SGOTM. Move warrior to the 2nd Gems for protection of a new colony there. Gems can be traded and could be very valuable.

- 10 - 150 BC
I see a greek galley fighting. Must be barbs as Greece is not at war with anyone.
Wash: horse -> market
Boston: horse -> lib
Horse deal ends. WE now have 16 horses and 2 in production.
Settler reaches position for last town.
Worker reaches Gems for new colony.

-----------------

I didn't MM the cities in turn 10. Next player must do that.
There are 14 horsemen in the Detroit - Houston area. 2 more on the way to there. And 2 more in production. Should be enough; I hope.
Settler is in position, and so is the 2nd gems-colony worker.
Theology in 2 turns.

177.28KB