View Single Post
Old 31-03-2003, 20:32   #19
anarres
anarchist butcher

Actually, I am a poor anarchist, but a happy one.

I was earning a lot of money 2 years ago, and I managed to get a morgage 4 times my salary. I bought a 3 bed terraced house and I make enough from 2 lodgers to make my rent only a bit more expensive than renting a room in a shared house. I now earn £6000 less, but I can still afford my house. When I was made redundant for 6 months I nearly lost everything, but somehow managed to scrape though gaining an extra £2000 of debt.

I can confidentally say that my Lodger A is not suffering from any work related problems. He enjoys his job very much, and he is quitting in the summer to live and teach abroad. Every 6-12 months he will move somewhere else in Europe, teching and having fun. Bottom line is that he is not stressed from work. Both my parents are teachers, and I am aware of the associated issues that can go with it.

He does have alcohol related issues though. A close friend of mine was an alcoholic, I have lived with them before. Although I wouldn't call him classically alcoholic he definitly has issues, which I have tried to talk to him about with limited success. It probably is his alcohol issues that he is finding it difficult to get to sleep, but I don't think it is a short term thing.

At the end of the day I feel no guilt over throwing him out if we can't live together in peace, maintaining the status quo will help no one.