View Single Post
Old 23-04-2005, 20:02   #463
Kingreno

Ok, short "in between" update. Played 5 turns and will do anotehr 5 since I have the time this evening, and I think I can manage better in 10 turns then i can in 5.

First thing I did was see where we can make more money. If we are going to build more culture we need more money for upkeep! Or....we can just forget about that and lose a random worker and building every turn. Is that allowed?

How bad is the economy? Well, at 100% tax we lose 174 gpt now, increasing with 20 gpt per turn. The AI has no money ATM so I started....selling non cultural improvements! I SOLD all Baracks, for 30 gpt and a one time 150 gold. We will not be going to war anyway. I also sold several harbours that were not vital to their cities.

Diplo: disbanding mili means we do NOT want a war, especially not with the Vikings...I gift them 2 luxes (seperately of course) so they turn Polite. I beg it helps. I also buy our 9th lux from england for metallurgy, 2 luxes and a little cash. This repays as several cities can now ditch Elvis.
Though some are still rather sad with our harsh rule:

12.67KB

In trading i also obtained:

11.61KB

Culture:

I whipp like a madman and we have 50516 Culture with 1593 cpt.

Will play more turns later this evening.