View Single Post
Old 13-04-2005, 01:58   #67
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

OK, how's about this argument...

For example, lets say, all this coach hassle would cost a total of 1 million. And indeed will slightly accelerate the training, by 10% which is not that important indeed. However, increasing leadership of the coach from wretched/disastrous to passable/solid for a few seasons will boost performance in each match by about 10%-20% for my stupid 30-star team basically converting into 35-star team without any impact on training or other things. The fraction of increase will be smaller in the case of a decent 50-star team, apparently. Something around the same 5-stars and many 50-star teams can afford paying 2 million apparently every 3 seasons.

But what can one get of 1 million? Basically, 2 formidable midfields or 2 excel wingbacks, not even both of these. This will add maximum 2 stars instead of 4-6 stars added by the coach. And also consider it depends on their form.

Certainly, there are other means to boost the team spirit. But there should be a "coach part" of it which cannot be boosted higher without decent leadership of the coach.

I'm not thinking of buying a better coach, I'm thinking of a very inexpensive way to get one without violating the rules or if other people can do it. are they really doing it without violating the rules?

Also, this means a conversion of 30-star team to 35-star and 35-star to 40-star which might be enough for me (if i ever promote to Vth US division) to survive there. Need about 40-45 stars to sit there firmly and close to 50-55 on average to promote to 4th division.