Thread: Darkness' fish
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2005, 11:53   #11
Darkness

I've now got at least 15 little blue neons swimming around and another 2 ladies pregnant... The guy just doesn't take "no" for an answer it seems...

BTW: Another species has learned from this splendid example, 'cause my pair of Juldichromis ornatus have started breeding too. They are substrate (cave) brooders and they have spawned at least twice already. Though the catfish ate most of the fry, I was able to save 7 of them (one from the first group and 6 from the second batch), who are now in my breeding tank. They're about 2 mm big, so my 7 cm catfish obviously thought there was an extra dinner session...

I got a picture of the J. ornatus female too, but they're extremely active fish, so the quality is pretty low. They just can't stay still for 2 seconds in a row...

69.61KB

The male is at least a third bigger and he has much more yellow colour. He's also probably the most aggressive fish I've ever kept. He literally chases the other fish from left to right in the tank at times...