View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 12:01   #18
anarres
anarchist butcher

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Time to add my tuppence.

I am an NTL customer.

I get broadband and Cable TV through the same cable line and have rarely had down times of more than a few hours.

Support when I have needed it (about 2 years ago) was perfect, quickly went through possible problems, understood that I knew what a mouse was and adjusted their expectations of me accordingly and the engineer turned up when they said he would 2 days later and replaced my set top box which fixed my problem immediately.

Sorry is this isn't any help whatsoever, but I'd just like to say that NTL gets things right sometimes

Melifluous
Good to know you had a nice service, but if you have a fault now I can promise you your service will be appauling.

Tech Support of all things is now in India, staffed by people with poor english skills, no technical skills, and lame ass crib sheets that don't have the info on. Oh, and they don't have full account details there (no records of my appointments, etc), and they don't let you escallate issues.

And finally, if you do need an engineer they require a security password on your account. I've had an ntl account for 4 years and never needed one!!!!

The one saving grace is that about 5% of calls goes to the one remaining tech support call center in the UK (in Swansea with a Customer Services (CS) call center). Note however some times of day it NEVER puts you to Swansea, and even CS can't transfer you to the Swansea faults department (only way to get there is the tech suppoer phone line lottery). If you do get there however they don't require a password to book an engineer.