Thread: Rome total war
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 16:24   #34
digger760
King

So far i have only managed to play this game on my laptop. The old desktop PC with an 1600XP processor and geforce4MX440 seemed to struggle with it, this is unfortunatle because the Desktop has a far better sound system then the laptop. I even have a sub-woofer speaker which would make the battles all the more dramatic.

I noticed a thread on one of the links DrA posted about somebody who had it running on a geforce4MX440 with a PCI card!!! So I updated my driver, and with that it gave me the option of taking away control of anti-aliasing and some other graphical controls from RTW. This fixed the framerate problem and now it is playable at 800x600. I also downloaded to the Desktop the total realism mod and played a few historical battles.

I won the first (for get the name but its the one were the Romans are ambushed by General Hanibal and his cronies)

I started the second. The Battle of Gaugamela (had to try this after seeing Alexander the Crappy). Its a bit hard to see whats going on at 800x600 and with lots of units the framerate begins to stutter. But the charge of the Persian units in the battle of Gaugamela was an impressive site. I think i'm gonna have to download the total realism mod to the Laptop and see how it goes with better graphics.

I was even looking for the battle they did on crappy time commanders last week..but did'nt see it in the list in RTW.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote