Quote:
quote:
Atletico Dynamite - Pugwash FC 5 - 3

View game: HT Live
Date: 26/11/2006 at 18.00
MatchID: 98029042
Arena: San Miguel Stadium
Crowd: 35269

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and San Miguel Stadium saw a crowd turnout of 35269. Atleticod decided to use a 3-5-2 set up. The following players had been chosen: Castanheira - Ilkin, Tuure, Mele - Niekrasz, Labrador, Jakobsen, Falwald, Métraux - Pogan, Noceda.

Pugwash decided to use a 3-5-2 set up. Starters: Rey León - Clignet, Stotskiy, Boemeke - Bongers, Vleeschhouwer, Pop, Lavriè, Tomasson - Mårtensson, Delville.

Pugwash saw most attack opportunites on the wings. In the 2nd minute, the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending. Per Tomasson put the ball away for 0 - 1. After 6 minutes of play, Antonio Mele equalised for Atleticod after an elegant attack from the right. In the game's 21st minute, Atleticod's José Javier Labrador fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked José Javier Labrador for diving. Atleticod took the lead in the 30th minute of the game by 2 to 1, as Jonas Falwald elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. In the 32nd minute, the visitors tied it up at 2 - 2 after a fantastic pass from the left was finished off by Timur Stotskiy. After 34 minutes of play, Vincent Métraux gave the home team a 3 - 2 lead after an attack coming in from the right. The teams went for the halftime break at 3 - 2. Atleticod, bringing their ball possession to 53 percent, dominated the battle.

A magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Atleticod's Robert Pogan putting the lead up to 4 - 2. Þeljko Lavriè nearly reduced 53 minutes into the game, but a splendid one-handed save by Sérgio Castanheira put a stop to the attempt coming in from the right flank. In the 67th minute, an amazing pass from the left side resulted in a goal for the visitors, as Þeljko Lavriè charged ahead and scored, reducing to 4 - 3. Things were deteriorating for the away team as Atleticod scored another to make it 5 - 3 after a left side attack resulted in a goal for Jonas Falwald after 83 minutes. Pugwash's Flavien Delville tried his best to narrow the score with a well placed free kick, but it wasn't quite good enough and Sérgio Castanheira managed to block the shot. This part of the game was a standoff between the teams.

Most important Atleticod player was Arne Jakobsen. Antonio Mele on the other hand, had a terrible day. Wienus Bongers performed admirably for Pugwash. Marc Vleeschhouwer on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 3.
Well, I gave it my best shot (meli ) but I lost 5-3, so it's another season in VI.255 for me.

I know afew other CDZers had qualy games - how did they go?
Darth Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote