View Single Post
Old 13-09-2004, 21:00   #4
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:
At The Yellow Boot, 20363 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Yellow tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Knott, Fernández - Visan, Righetti, Biler, Berntsen, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

devils143 had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Bolin - Popocatepetl, Thurston, Coronado, Milligan - Crowley, Monahan, Abrams, Yi-Leong - Colucci, Mcgregor.

Yellow took the lead in the 12th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Michel Righetti elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. A well placed corner kick from Rupert Bolin was followed by Joseph Coronado´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for devils143. The result now 1-1. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 28:th minute goal by Theodore Burney for Yellow, putting them ahead 2 - 1. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 3 - 1. Michel Righetti finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Halftime score was 3 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 77 percent possession of the ball.

Yellow put their lead ahead another goal as Serban Visan struck home the 4 - 1 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Yellow´s Theodore Burney putting the lead up to 5 - 1. By now Yellow were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Yellow´s Serban Visan was able to shove the ball in. 6-1. Yellows Egil Berntsen got himself booked after a foul. With 66 minutes played Egil Berntsen could have brought this one home for Yellow, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 85 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt David Brown. Gonzalo Fernández was a disappointment, however. Most important devils143 player was Nathaniel Crowley. However, Jamie Thurston made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 6 - 1.
Not a bad result at all. Attendance was nothing to sneeze at, either, especially given my 4-0 loss last week. The championship game in my series will be next week; unfortunately, I won't be playing. However, it will be good news if the team that beat me handily wins the championship, as I won't have to face him next season and the other team is a rather lucky team without a training program. I should be able to win promotion next season against them if what I expect to happen does occur.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote