View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 09:54   #6
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

it seems that CDZ refuses access to me every time I try to upload.

But finally it worked:

minimap

87.85*KB

My empire

104.59*KB

Stapels empire
Find the 10 differences.

81.03*KB

Obviously we have copied starts.

After the initial race for writing that was won by Stapel I decided to go for lit instead of philo. My guess was that the AI would most certainly pursue other techs than lit and I hoped Stapel would do so to. That would give me a fair shot at lit @ mono.

My scouting curragh also revealed Stapel is in expansion mode. As you can see in the minimap (turn 54) his army is average to my sorry ass 'army'. I decided to gamble: go lit, keep it, go great lib, save up build horsemen and aim for mass horsie - knight upgrade.

Not quite sure who'll be on the receiving end of the knights, but if all works out I might aim for Stapel right away.

I reached lit a few turns ago (5-10 iirc) but have not traded it and I'm building the great lighthouse as a great lib prebuild. Before that I had been building a rax as prebuild also. I'n not building the great lib to conceal my plans to Stapel. He cant see I have lit, from the diplo screen so as long as the wonder screen doesnt show a GLib under construction he only can discover it using the TechCalc (which he has been doing for writing though)

For now I aim to improve my tiles asap and grow Eindhoven as quick as possible. I'm sacrificing my expansion a bit for this. The southern flood plains city will be turned in a settler/worker fac but it will take a while to get this online, I hope the great lib and the army will make up for this pointy stick wise later.

Not sure it is a smart gamble though
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote