Thread: Pitboss issues
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 20:57   #1
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Default Pitboss issues

I copy pasted stuff from grs' forum. Here you go you lazy chemist

I dont know what the hell they are talkin about, but since I bothered to copy paste, no way am I gonna let it go to waste
Quote:
quote:
Akots:
As for me, I cannot even start PitBoss application. I've posted at CFC and tried to contact tech support to no avail.

Gyathaar:
What fails?

Akots:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...&postcount=378

Gyathaar:
hmm.. looks like pythonh has problems with cp1251 charset (cyrilic) .. perhaps try to switch your PC settings to english and see if that would make it work?

start -> settings -> control panel -> regional and language settings -> advanced .. then select the language version for non unicode programs
Perhaps see if 1251 ANSI is installed on your PC.. its on same settings page

Dunno if this will fix it thou

Akots:
I tried without success since 1251 ANSI is there by default. That is a strange and weird problem since Civ itself is doing just fine.

Akots:
Ok, I've fixed my stupid PitBoss. What I did is I renamed by cp1251.pyt to cp1251.pyt.backup and copied my cp1252.pyt and renamed the copy to cp1251.pyt. I can now play PitBoss!

Now, still the quality of the Firaxis products is amazing and especially is amazing the quality of fixes to these products that actually help. Might be there is a similar idiotic fix of the Oracle bug.
Note that I left out (I think) comments that have to do with grs (if there were any)