View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 17:36   #214
Col.Tarleton

Looking at the save,I see that almost all units have movement left.Thanks.
How on earth did you manage to loose 3 of our finest units?One could be bad luck,two could be unfortunate but three smacks of forgetfulness.Do better next time.
The only civs that have native horses are France (2),Iriquois (1) and Byzantium (2).Where are the bloody things I ask?
I think egypt were or are buying from someone.
I'll fortify the 2 armies in Byz where they are,I don't expect a LB to attack an 11 hit point army (famous last words) and moving onto the mountain will take 1 turn,fortifying another and leaving i more.
At first glance the situation is quite complicated but I'll soon get into the swing of things.
I'll send the healed armies south hoping to find horses and looting as I go.What I'm
gonna do with the slaves,I don't know.
I'll take Elephantine,making 22 cities and rush a couple of galleys to ferry the settlers over the water.I can always colonise the horses for 1 turn and set all cities to horse production.That's if there are any horses in the south of Byzantine lands.
The capture of Constantinople,I'll try to put a stack together to hold it.
I'll also upgrade some if not all of our remaining Pikes.
How much of this I complete is of course conjectural.
One thing that springs to mind is that we could have built barracades to curb those bloody conquistadors but it probably isn't that important anymore.
I think your plan is a sound one,PP,and I'll try to follow it.I'll concentrate on Egypt and Byzantium.
Any thoughts,disagreements will be helpful before I play,later.Not that I'll take any notice.
Constantinople has:-The colossus.the great library,Sistine chapel and is building Cops.Well worth the effort of capturing.When to take it is the Question.