View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 23:20   #137
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Start
From what I can see we're doing quite ok. No. 2 in score but unfortunately our neighbours the Celts are no1. They have lots of troops on the road, they look like a pain in the rectum.

No 2 AI : Egypt, also close. We didnt really luck out on that.

Interturn
Lots of AI movement, strangely some healthy Celtic MI decides not to attack a city but move further to our core. They move N to a useless jungle tile. Great move Brennus.

We finish the Heroic Epic in Ur, start MI. We finish temple in Umma, start MI. Agade finishes MI, start a new one and mm Agade as it's working mostly sea tiles.

Turn 1 - 440 AD
Bombard some units, take out 2 MI near Sumer. No losses but I have to use the army which will not heal again this turn.
Bombard Ancient cav near Zabalam, kill it with Robin Hood.

The Richborough Offensive
Bombard twice, only one succesfull. kill full health pike with vet MI (loses 2 hp). That leaves the wounded (2/3) pike as best defender. Not too shabby! Attack with Elite MI. Win, lose no HP and...... military leader!!!!!!!! Hello army no2. Unit renamed to Manu Chao. We take Richborough, get 3 resistors and there's spices just outside the border. Excellent, we need luxes.

Our new conquest

162.92*KB

We : 0
They : 5

interturn
Lots of AI movement again. Mostly wounded units moving out and fresh ones moving in. Celts move units out of territory towards Richb. One MI appears out of the fog and attacks our pike thats defending the trtebuchets and the wounded MI. It wins losing only 1 HP. [grrr]

We : 1
They : 5

Turn 2 - 450 AD
We're forced to take a chance near richb. Troops are moving in so I have to fortify inside the city. If it flips we'll lose a lot of units.

Kill 2 iro archers near Kisurra. Bombard some MI near Agade and kill one of them with vet MI. loses no HP and promotes to elite. Bombard a wandering solo spear near Sumer. Bombard CEltic MI near Isin, take of 1 hp. Attack 2/3 MI with 5/5 sword. Sword doesnt take hit from defensive archer nut loses to 2/3 MI without taking of a HP. Second 5/5 sword wins from MI but loses 2 hp.

Upgrade elite swords to MI. I dont like upgrading elite units but we need the attack strength in Bad-tibira.

We : 2
They : 9

Interturn
Lots of Ai movement, lots of it stupid. Ai is passing up on attacking in favor of trebs that are in the open but out of it's reach. It leaves 2 french horsies exposed for us next to Bad-tibira!
French finish Knights templar in Paris.

70.9*KB

Turn 3 - 460 AD
Bomb some units. Kill the 2 Bad-toib horsies, lose nothing. Kill 2 archers near Agade, lose nothing. Kill wounded MI with army, love those extra movement points, now I can retreat to the right side of the river too. Kill MI near Richb.

I start irrigating some tiles that are now still mined. We need the water to reach our second ring western/southern towns. Also we need some more workers. I set Erech to worker as it isnt growing any more. I'm letting all the temple builds finish but am changing to MI right after it. I;m not starting any new temples as we need mil more than happiness.

We : 2
They : 15

interturn
AI movement, no battles as they move to trebs and workers. Byzies finish the Mausoleum in Adrianople.

Turn 4- 470 AD
Mass bomb. Kill MI near Richb. Kill MI + Ancient Cav near Lagash. Kill a horsie near Zabalam. Second 2/3 horsie wins from 5/5 Robin Hood. WTF, I lost Robin. SORRY GUYS!!! Kill the culprit anyway with a MI that was supposed to move elsewhere for an attack next turn. Kill spear near Agade.

We : 3
They : 21

Interturn
lots of iro troops move towards Kisarra.

Turn 5 - 480 AD
MOve troops, no battles. Bombard some.

We : 3
They : 21

Interturn
The usual.

Turn 6 - 490 AD
The situation concerning richborough and Kisurra is not looking swell. lost of enemy troops.

186.87*KB

Kill 2 MI near Kis with our army. 3rd one with an MI. Kill archer with MI. Rush rax in Kis for 32 gold. I use our second full health army as a shield for our workers to road to richb. Ai usually doesnt attack full health armies. If it works out We'll have the road in place to defend richb.

143.56*KB

Num Merc near Lagash survives a triple bom without dmg and kills one MI before it succumbs to the next. Kill archer near Erech

We : 4
They : 27

interturn
Pike wins from an ancient cav. EGYPT SENDS A KNIGHT, BAD NEWS!

They : 28

Turn 7 - 500 AD
BIG MISTAKE! The rubble is on a hill so the road will take 2 turns. What are we gonna do now. I kill 3 lose units. Bombs are missing a lot.

I come up with the following solution. I'm not gonna defend RIchb. Instead Im gonna move the army West of Richb. The MI that was WestWest last turn moved there, hope I'll win that battle without to much problems and move all my units in RIchb on the army. Gambling again that the AI wont attack the army. Army takes MI with minor losses. I press enter.

They : 32

Interturn
FUCK forgot to kill of some wounded horsie, luckily it cant reach anything. Knight attacks MI and retreats, MI attacks same MI and Dies, WC attack same AI and now it dies. Impressive nevertheless

The army trick works, celts take richb and move N again, even leaving Richb virtually undefended it seems.

we : 5
they : 32

Turn 8 - 510 AD
We recapture Richb with our army, killing a MI and an archer in the process. Kill knight and horsie near Lagade. Kill other units.

We : 5
They : 41

interturn
We lose a pike to ancient cav but one of our MI wins from a longbowman,

we: 6
they : 42

Turn 9 -520 AD
kill ancient cav. bomb a NumMErc down and kill it
Kill 5 MI near Richb

we : 6
they : 49

Interturn
Army in Richb kills MI. Civil disorder in 2 cities!! Crap!

We : 6
They : 50

Turn 10 - 530 AD
Kill some more units. MOve some trebuchets.

we : 6
They : 54

Done. Will post save and more pics tomorrow.

PP

ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote