Thread: Comp problem.
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 08:31   #27
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

After 9 months of working fine the laptop started acting funny again yesterday. I quickly started backing up my files, but it started crashing during the backup. With some patience and a lot of restarts I managed to save all my files of any importance but my laptop is seriously out of order again. It has garantee untill the 1st of august 2004 according to me and HP/Compaq (as shown on their site) however Compaq's business partners refuse to repair it as the manufactering date is the 1st of april 2001 and they argue that 3 years of garantee start on the day of manufactering, not the day of purchase. Personally I think that's the biggest load of BS I've ever heard and my IT supplier is talking to Compaq who said they will fix it anyway. BUt that was yesterday, who's the say what the decide to do today.

Anyway: civ during daytime will be restriced to the times I work at home as our last office PC is an official 'no game' machine.

I was already planning to buy a new laptop after the summer but I'm gathering info on what's out there now and will order a new on asap.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote