View Single Post
Old 30-06-2004, 13:18   #19
Socrates
Emperor

Well, as for SGL's, I really don't know ; I don't mind at all if they stay in, because they are part of scientific civs' benefits, and maybe in a game with no AI it can make the tech pace pretty intense, as every new tech acquired will generate a RNG number for a SGL. So the tech pace could be really important, and you might not want to go for 50-turn gambits all the time (even if the tech pace will be slower than with AIs in the beginning), nor wait for other players to discover techs. I'd like input from players who have already played such C3C games.

As or the SoZ, I don't mind too, the only thing is that having ivory is a real game-breaker ; so ivory should be available to everyone (maybe spread 8 ivory luxuries in the 8 regions, at equal distances from the starting positions (either close or far away), or maybe just put 4 ivory luxuries, in the middle of 4 super-regions combining 2 civs ).

As for traits, well I don't know how many we will eventually be (4 to 8). But, if we're 7 players (why not ?), then we could all agree on being one of the 7 seafearing civs, so that we don't have to choose a 3rd trait for our civs. If we are 8 players, then I believe someone would have to be a non-seafearing civ, but we could think about it and tweak something.

That leads me to this : we should now be sure of how many players we are for this game. No need to delay things any further. From what I read in this topic, people who are motivated for this game (and I hope you REALLY are motivated, this is a game that will last for months and maybe years ?) :
1. kryszcztov
2. Beam
3. Arghis
4. anarres
5. akots
6. Banzai
7. Kemal
8. Lt. Killer M

That means we are 8 players so far ! We won't be more than that, but if anyone suddenly doesn't think he wants to take part in the game, then please say it quickly ! And we could welcome a new player of course.

P.S. : Vikings... I'm not into banning a civ. Maybe Vikings are more deadly in humand hands than other civs. But then, it could lead other players to ally against the Vikings, and the player behind the Scandinavian civ would have to face difficult turns. It's all about being too weak or too strong. Being too strong can lead you to some difficult moments, and please wonder what happened to Napoleon.