View Single Post
Old 24-06-2004, 00:57   #19
Grille

72:
Good news:
The military advisor says we're strong compared to Spain (just to adjust that info: I was on avarage before and I only built 1 warrior last turn). To be honest, I think my military is weak overall Chances are my surprise party expedition will cause some trouble in Spain.

In this regard, I cannot understand why I'm catching up in score. Aggie took over the lead, then the gap improved, but now his per-turn-score is in decline. I have no luxs hooked up yet, no wars, no temples, run just the lux tax that's needed and had slowed down expansion due to unit constrution.

I traded philo for map making (from Dutch) and *gifted* it around for a few gold pieces - the nearby Celts had it already anyways. Now Aggie's foe Germany could build galleys as well as his neighbour Sumeria... I used the gold to open embassies there.

Aggie is actually inspecting my coast line. Not a biggie, but his canoe is annoying the fishes and stuff near my selected harbor-building city (ready in ~5, so is the load and gold for upgrading the canoes). No fun when the small expedion fleet gets caught while leaving port.