View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 19:51   #234
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
quote:We are RICH RICH RICH !!
You are not ready for Communism you capitalistic imperialistic bourgeois pig!

We will get any of the 4 turn techs just after we build the ToE and none of them is worth the ToE. Instead we can start researching one of them, buy them at reduced cost in turn 3, switch to AT and bingo. In that case all 3 90% 4t techs have their charms:
- Corporation is on the road to Tanks
- Espionage allows Intel and SPH
- Sanitation allows Hospitals and growth

Of these three the only one that is secure for sale is The Corp and therefore is my fav.

The alternative is to set research to 0% and cash in but since we seem to be philty rich I don't think it is necc.

How is the prebuild for Hoovers btw?

And I'd like to discuss the timing for Rep > Comm as well. Imo we should be well on our way to Hoovers and a prebuild for SPH running. Main advantages of Comm. for us are the evenly spread corruption and waste allowing specially the NW to build up faster and no WW, so good for warmonging. Downside is that we will lose commerce and our core becoming less productive. Not sure what courthouses and police stations do to improve that, but that is part of the experiment.

EDIT: an alternative is delaying ToE 1 turn in turn 3 and research one of the three techs that help us, switch to AT and build ToE 5 turns from now. In that case I opt for either Sanitation or Espionage because there is a good chance these can be traded for The Corp.