View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 08:02   #6
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 25: I meet India. They also lack Pottery, but have Ceremonial Burial and another 1st level tech over me. But I wait with the deal, because my second curragh sees Spanish borders.

Turn 26: I meet Spain. The clears the way for making deals:

-Warrior Code and Ceremonial Burial for Pottery and 102 gold from Spain
-The Wheel from Korea for Pottery, Ceremonial Burial, 2 gpt and 10 gold from Korea
-Bronze Working and 10 gold for Warrior Code from India
-111 gold for The Wheel from Spain.

so I got 4 techs and 9 gold for 2 gpt and Pottery

Turn 27: Spain now got the knowledge of Masonry, but a trade is not possible yet. I finished the Granary and started the first settler.

Turn 31: I meet Krys's curragh! I have no tech he doesn't have!

Turn 49: Korea wants 32 gold and I say no. So now we're at war. I can lower the lux tax to 10% Ideal to have war hapiness just before discovering Writing.

Turn 51: I discover Writing at first and get Iron Working and Masonry plus 63 gold from Spain. India gives me Mystisicm and 29 gold for Iron Working. Krys probably still can sell Writing around...

Krys tells me that his Lighthouse gambit failed, because the AI finished the Colossus, the Pyramids and the Oracle. So he can't switch to another wonder. I figure that the AI didn't find anything else to do so decided to go for wonders instead
I'm 10 turns from Philosophy and my free tech will be Map Making (when I am really the first to get it). I hope to get a prebuild myself with the MoM...

No pics, because I don't seem to be able to upload here or at CFC...