Thread: C3C patch 1.22
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 17:58   #28
Grille

Can't speak for PTW, but I could switch between all versions of C3C (up to v1.15, that is!) by backing up all files (not all folders) in the Conquests root directory, e.g. path /blabla/games/Civ3/Conquests/*files_in_here* (contains the exe and stuff) and the folder "Text" in that same directory.
Back up these files and that folder before patching and after patching. Before starting C3C.exe, put the version-relevant files (and "Text" folder) back into your C3C root directory. IIRC that worked at least up to v1.15 (btw, I even started the different versions before the back-up process and set the prefs, just to get fine .ini file(s) which is in that root directory).
Ok ok... it's probably not the most convenient method, but it spares some space at least...

As for my question, a friend of mine got an error message loading an older version's pbem save into C3C... (not sure *how* old the file was, though), so I'm a bit unsure now. I'm still using v1.15, because I'm doomed to use a very slow internet connection atm...
Grille is offline   Reply With Quote