View Single Post
Old 20-10-2003, 13:45   #77
DrAlimentado

I went Commie straight away - we actually had a bug at turn 273 which crashed the game until we re-declared war and instantly made peace - and I got full WW (50 - 70%) again then and now. There is some debate about whether I should have had it or not... turn 273 was 21 turns after we had previously made peace, but there is conflicting research about how WW decreases.

IIRC anarres still had the majority of his troops intact, - 20 or so mechs, I'll grab a shot next turn in the unlikely event this game goes on. He is unable to reach my troop stacks next turn , and I kept 3 nukes back just in case he is foolish enough to try and threaten my stacks of MA. I am pretty sure he will resign now Even though I am back to slow research he has no core at all... just 1 mega-city left (Uliastay) and I have disconnected a bunch of luxes to boot. I have also built temples in the former chinese bloc and got all the coastal tiles etc and am now just 30 tiles from a dom win!

As far as the peace offer goes, it was conditional on anarres dismantling his entire Military completely. I didn't think for a moment he would accept - but if he had then the second he built a single nuke (or any mil unit) I would have unleashed the storm! Removing my spy would have been interpreted as an act of war of course - call them US (United Spanish) weapons inspectors and you get the idea I am confident I could have outresearched him and outproduced him to SS. -400gpt would have hampered him even further.

Cynics and Mongol-sympathisers have said that the peace ultimatum was just for PR purposes - an unrealistic offer that the Mongls could never accept. They claim that it was done to sway domestic opinion into supporting an imperialist invasion of sovereign Mongol territory. These kind of Mongol-loving scum will always complain about shit, because they are self-hating and have a pathological hatred of the Glorious Spanish empire and the Spanish way of life. We made it clear if they loved the Mongols so much they were welcome to go live there - they have been silenced.

DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote