View Single Post
Old 19-09-2003, 11:26   #26
jack merchant

The map was very nice Sky, although it was a good thing Aggie told me early on that he had contact with 4 AI civs as otherwise I might not have gone for the suicide galley (which, quite irrationally I know, find to be rather overpowered & exploitative). Also, despite me grabbing as much land as I think was ultimately possible, Aggie grabbed more. Or that may just have seemed that way because of the tightly spaced RCP-ring around his FP.

The one thing I really didn't like was the resetting of the agression levels. My play usually depends on assumptions about the AI's behaviour, and in this case all those turned out to be totally false. For instance, I kept my Southern border fortified more strongly than I otherwise would have, and also made several attempts to get the Ottomans to declare war on me through sabotage and of course, they didn't bite.
If I'd known that this would be a pure builder game I wouldn't have signed up for it. On the bright side, Aggie now really owes me a game where all the AIs have their agression level set to 5 .