View Single Post
Old 29-01-2013, 10:48   #60
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPain View Post
I think the Mexico City CoT should be fairly viable because the caribbean region usually has good tradegoods.
Yes, but only if there are colonies in that region. It's the most likely region to be colonised, since it's the closest (speaking in EU3 distance measures here) to Portugal. If you conquer the Aztecs early (early, as in: before those provinces are within your colonization/trade range) then you'll end up with a CoT where you are the only trader and the only provinces that ship their goods there are the Aztec provinces and the few (your own?) colonies in the Caribbean and South America. In that case, I wonder if the CoT will survive stagnancy.

Anyway, it's a CoT in a gold mining province with a high base tax, there's not a real good reason not to take it. I still think Muskogee is a good CoT that is a viable target for acquisition (if only to keep it from anyone else), and it might just happen to be closer to some Caribbean provinces than Mexico City. The point is moot: conquer a sizeable piece of land from any indian tribe and you're done. Better: conquer both CoT's and colonize all land between them. That should do the trick.