View Single Post
Old 19-10-2011, 03:38   #74
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistfit View Post
I suppose I could go the traditional route of pulling my 5 youths and training them in PM forever (up to titanic) then switch them over to Wing forever (til titanic) then passing til 27 yrs old and then try to get a triple titanic in the NT. That would only take about 160 weeks

Taking the friendly players to make money. Seems a bit pedestrian though
You might try titanic but it is possible it won't bring you to Div III. I had trained for myself supernatural keeper from YP and he was the weakest keeper in the league with lowest TSI. Since then, I have mightily regretted that I stopped training him back when I was in Div V. My defenders were at magnificent/WC Otherwise, you'd need to invest in at least 4 wc+ (titanic?) experienced defenders which might be as much as 7-8 million. But indeed titanic is the optimal skill level with still affordable wage and almost adequate rating.

In terms of playmaking, you probably need at least 3 players with mythical main skill and at least passable/solid passing and one combo player for WTM with WC PM and some similar level of winger and solid passing. Of course, you would need lower levels (titanic?) with older players. As a plus, this type of players can always fetch a good price on the market regardless of rule updates. So, if it does not work well to your taste, sell them and start over from Div V. Rinse and repeat and in 20-22 seasons you'll have 40 million which might be enough to get to Division II with some luck and patience. I always lacked the second of these virtues and just cannot contain myself even though I ain't got no money to even get to Div III within reasonable time. And as I said, it is very hard to make any cash in Div IV. It is possible only to break even in the long run. So it is not a good idea to get stuck there and you might consider jumping up to Div III right from Div V.

It is actually quote noticeable since Div V somewhat dominates the cup in the USA. Of course, they don't get close to winning or advancing really far. But on average, Div V teams do much better than Div IV teams.