Thread: Dawn of War II
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2011, 08:21   #10
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Wc3 mods still have me hooked to this day. There is a civilization mod that I helped design (civ wars) and I have put years of online play into that: tuning a bot to manage and rank a competitive league of 100's of players, making it to the top of it, leaving my signature on anything math-like in the game (from marketing calculations to unit stats and special abilities balance) ... it was my post-C3C rebound hook-up Wc3 mods have extended the game's lifespan for a looooooooooong time and are still worthy imo.

I was pretty good at both RTS micro and macro but never liked it as much as the longer-winded development of a civ game though. What kept me on Wc3 was the competitive play and the development of strategies and game styles more than the game itself. All my Wc3 buddies are on SC2 now and I'm not following them, nor would I get another RTS (and that sounds like a promise I won't keep forever, but meh).
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote