Thread: ICS in Civ V
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2010, 09:25   #17
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

[quote=akots;129938]I don't see anything wrong with ICS personally. Except that it is boring to play if you need a good result, like for example, a GOTM competition.
However, Sulla is right about low activity of the forums and in multiplayer which is essentially unplayable at this stage.
[\QUOTE]

I totally agree nothing is wrong with ICS, it's been a core Civ strat ever since Civ I (where you could just build cities right next to each other iirc). I do think Civ V game mechanics power ICS too much as there really is no decent countering effect to spamming cities at all like maintenance/corruption did. Well apart from boredom that is.

The fact that the forum & competitive community isn't really warming up to the game should worry Fir/2k. In the end they are the ones carrying the game and providing replayability and feedback. I think losing them will seriously hurt a civ VI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
(hey, and if they don't make significant improvements, then I'll just wait for Civ6 when Sid, Soren, Sulla and PP will design the game, with Mistfit doing the graphics)
Lol, think it would be much better if I won't be involved to mess things up. There's no civ game designer in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
But from what I've read from Sullla so far, I can't escape the notion that he has some kind of bone to pick with either the game or the designers. The tone and trend of his posts just don't feel like he's really got an entirely open mind about Civ V... I may be wrong though...

Garee with that, he seems to do a fair bit of civ developer bashing. No need for that. But apart from that I do think he has some valid points about the game design.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote