Thread: Patch thread
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2010, 07:11   #19
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Uh, I just installed 260.89 and now, 260.99 comes. It is quite frequent and somewhat annoying. Civ is still slow and graphics not improving much.
Actually, I was wrong. There is a huge improvement. I can now run the game on DX10 on laptop (Nvidia 310M). Previously, even though the card supports DX10, Civ always crashed (had to play in DX9) and now, out of a sudden, it works in window and full screen as well. If I play in window, it is painfully slow but I can switch to full screen in-game and its gets considerably better. Cannot switch back to windowed though because Civ crashes. If I try to exit in full screen, it also crashes. If I try to start it in full screen, it does not start but crashes. So, to play more or less normally, I have to start in window, switch in-game to full screen, crash either way upon exit and then manually edit the ini file to start in windowed mode every time. What a pain in the ass it is. Also, laptop overheats massively and the fan goes crazy and whistles like a broken hairdryer non-stop after about 5 minutes of play.

Last edited by akots; 31-10-2010 at 07:17.
akots is offline   Reply With Quote