View Single Post
Old 21-10-2010, 19:05   #118
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

The AI is really weird when it comes to CS aggression. Just like Stapel I experienced AI+CS ganging up on me under the pretext that I'm picking on the weak in several games. In my current game 2 CS even went into permanent war with me because of my agression against CS's. During this game I attacked & conquered 2 city states, one of them even started a war against me first. After this incident I liberated 2 other city states from the evil Romans: no CS reallt cares, state of permanent war remains. I think this kind of AI behavious sucks.

As noted by many the AI really doesn't know how to handle 1PT and Ranged attack. I've seen a few AI sending in a sizeable force but with such idiot placement that a few fast units and, one ranged unit and city bombing wiped them in 2 turns. For the most I see the AI sending in line troops with 1 turn intervals. Easy to pick of with city bombardment and a support unit.

What puzzles me as well is :
- I have a weak civ declare on me while I had been friendly with them all the game. I totally wipe them of the map and they refused to make peace even when a slew of units is ready to take the last city they own. Very, very annoying as this forces you to take all their cities and raze them (because of happy cap) With razing taking a few turns, this can really hurt your economy.
- In my last game Russia owns 20+ cities and ghas fewer happy resources than I do. I'm struggling to keep my happy cap up building happy buildings as much as I can. Russia apparently doesnt have this problem and is boasting a production per turn that is 50% higher than mine, while I have been very production focused. This game is on prince level so I dont expect the AI to have a lot of 'cheating perks' Still dunno how Catherine is managing this.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote