Thread: FIFA World Cup
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 02:04   #140
BCLG100
Deity

I really don't think any Netherlands fan can complain about the ref at all. The fact that he managed to keep 11 of their players on the pitch till extra time was weird at best. The issue on the edge of the Spanish box was an either way decision but didn't have any bearing on the goal regardless due to it being the other end of the pitch and the Dutch getting more than enough players back (spain only had 3 up!).

As there could have been numerous red cards if Webb had sent them all of everyone would have been complaining he was too harsh, he was in a no win situation. Netherlands could have easily been down to 8-9 men before half time.

I was very disapointed with the Netherlands in the end, i appreciate that total football is no more but they seemed set out to destroy Spains game rather than play their own game which had got them to the final. More horrific challenges from all corners of the field and yet again Van Bommel somehow remained on the pitch. The better side won in what was a very poor match in truth.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote