View Single Post
Old 28-06-2010, 11:13   #16
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
Can you recommend it?

I am thinking about a Desire, Motorola Milestone or Samsung Wave...not really cheap, but I am still a little unsure.
The Wave/Galaxy is supposedly great. I haven't seen it, and I don't know anyone who has it. Samsung never really impressed me though. The Milestone (Droid in US) is awesome, but the hardware can't compete with the Desire. The keyboard is useful on the Milestone. The onscreen keyboard of the Desire is OK as well; even though I don't have tiny fingers I can still use it And the keyboard is also very convenient if you need other signs/keys than the alphabet, I was pleasantly surprised! I wanted to buy a Nexus, but it was sold out before I could blink. And the Desire is almost the same as the Nexus. My sister has the Milestone, but it's not easily available here. The phone should be cheaper than other phones, but it isn't. If you can get the Milestone significantly cheaper than a Desire/Nexus then I'd recommend it. Otherwise... well, if you do a lot of typing then the hardware keyboard might be your thing. But for browsing the web the Milestone's screen is on the small side. A cheaper alternative to the Milestone is the Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro. I don't think the Milestone is worth it if you have to pay as much as for the Desire. The hardware just isn't comparable.

The Desire is really good, the HTC shell is intuitive. The screen is awesome. My gf has an Iphone, and I wanted to get one as well. But that 4g will take ages to arrive here, and I got this Desire for less than what I would've to pay for the new Iphone... and that with a 1 year contract. But Android is awesome, I doubt I'd want anything else next time I need a new phone. And then I don't even have the latest version of Android, that'll come within a few months. And that version is a lot faster... and it's already fast.