View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 19:57   #102
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
That game! I had North America, Beam had South America, and both of us had no chance at all. We were behind by default and all we could possibly do is act from frustration and see if we could do some damage to anyone.
I guess Matrix had a bit of the same in RtW2

And BTW, there hardly is a point in having an aggresive leader and being peaceful, right?
Yeah, we had only contact / trade routes with each other until Optics / Astro. Iirc my techrate was up by a factor 4 after I made contact with the Old World and established trade routes.

Then Stapel attacks BCLG, BCLG builds a retaliation force, while it is sailing hears a rumour from Shabba I was building lots of cannons (while I did not even have Steel ) and decides to attack me instead. Then Stapel gifted all units he had build to me and I finally managed to fight BCLG out. Apart from having to cut all jungle in the Amazon bassin which made me really look bad from an ecologocal PoV that was about my game.