View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 01:27   #92
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Alright, that makes sense. I could've helped you, though. ...
Fact remains that if we all would've attacked Darkness we could've won. We would also all benefit from that. So why didn't we?
First, I think that when the deal was made, you did not even have Astronomy. It was not end-game deal but it had indefinite peace unless given a 20-turn warning IIRC. The remainder of the game took less than 100 turns IIRC. So, you possibly could not have helped especially considering the fact that one of your vassals was supplying BCLG with troops and possibly monies, and doing that quite actively. So, no, you were not even considered to be a friend who could help, quite the opposite. Second, IIRC, you actually attacked Darkness and even razed some coastal holy city of his and did other nasty stuff to no avail. I fully supported righteous struggle of Vikings (sic!) against marauder bandit pillagers from overseas. And in the end, I actually attacked in Alaska with some troops which did not have anything better to do and you even sank quite a few of my transports and destroyers prior to us making peace and resuming co-existence. So, the second point is mute as well.

I guess that shows that human memory is short and there is nothing wrong with that but ... let's not try to misinterpret the facts and clearly separate the actual happenings from fiction here.

Same thing with Stapel in previous Crap game. While actively pursuing hostile course against Beam, there was quite a desire to enter trade and even closer cooperation with me and ynnek on Egyptian side. Was there any idea that we could have had a good relationship with nice alliance in-between the three of us on the other continent? I'm just puzzled that these things do come as a surprise. But let's not contemplate on that. Otherwise old Stapel's wound which is already healed might start bleeding anew and we lose a great player for this current game.

Last edited by akots; 12-10-2009 at 01:31.
akots is offline   Reply With Quote