Thread: Ask Sid
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 13:43   #13
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
I garee!

But I think we shouldn't complain that much. Are there other games where things are better?

Let's get real: The investment in CiV + WL + BtS is 120 euros. For that, you can play CiV for about 4 or 5 years, every day, every night, every hour, every minute, with others if you like. The alternative for that money is buying a bouquet of roses and a fancy meal for two, which might result in a good blowjob......, just once.
I totally garee that the price of games isn't bad at all (provided it is a good game with decent replay value) and with the replay value civ gets you the price actually is amazing. I don't go out to the pub that often any more but 120 euro's will last me 2 nights max, civ4 + addons have lasted me a lot longer.

I do wonder how you manage to get roses and a decent meal for 2 for 120 euro's. Both roses and decent meals tend to cost you nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Some fansite we are...

I can't really say I'm eagerly awaiting a Civ5. Of course it would be interesting to see what it will look like and what new features it'll have, but I'm much more content with Civ4 now than I was with Civ2 and Civ3 back then.

My biggest wish is playing on a 2D map, but I don't think that'll ever happen for marketing purposes...
I don't see why telling the truth collides with being a fansite. After all Col2 is a game with broken mechanics (take the way the AI handles the REF) and I don't think we'll ever see a patch for that. In fact I don't think we'll ever see a patch for col period.

Same for the scientific golden age of C3C, afaik it was never fixed. We did pay for it however.

To be clear: I love Civ, it's one of the best games out there and has been ever since Civ1. But Firaxis has a tendency to let the loyal Civ community do their QA testing and even then they sometimes fail to fix things.

I think that's sad.

And calling Col 'a big hit' is telling more about sales figures than about game quality. And I seriously doubt if sales have been so good anyway. When I walk into my game store the game has been moved to the bottom shelve a long time ago already.

And for playing on a 2D map: Yes, please give us our 2D maps back!! We hardcore civ geeks don't care about 3D, we care about gameplay. If we'd like 3D we'd buy a Xbox/PS3 and play some FPS on that.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote