View Single Post
Old 18-07-2008, 10:16   #23
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

I don't know what to think.

Shall I think: Hey, finally controlling does work!
Or shall I think: Hey, see, hey are all taking doping.

Don't know. I hope they take even more out of the race. I guess there are lot still doping and they finally need to see the risks.
An interesting article on Belgian website nieuwsblad.be reveiled some things. A new method to track down the use of 3rd generation EPO (CERA (Continuous erythropoietin receptor activator) or Mircera (brand name)) was used. This method was ready for use as recent as this week....., and it tracks down the use of EPO, not the hematocryt values. Another news site, Het laatste nieuws, even quotes an expert there is not yet such a test. He might simply be a day late with his knowledge.

Another thing is that all riders had to hand over their blood samples and hair before the tour started. The anti-doping-metods have been laughable for decades, but the last years have shown a remarkable change. There are also crimial laws on posession of EPO and other drugs. This lifts the whole anti-dpoing struglle to the prosecutors, rather than people from inside the sport.

My conclusion is that this really new test tracking down only a few riders, means that many riders are actually clean.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote