View Single Post
Old 23-03-2008, 10:31   #3
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Bronze researched, switched to slavery and rushed a workboat. Then, building a worker and chopping another is a top priority. The island is actually quite nice, there are plentiful resources including a couple of super-city spots and also I have copper which basically guarantees survival for the time being. Once the scout will explore the other part to the west, I'll post some sort of a dotmap. The warrior explored to the north and is returning to the capital just in case something shows up. I hate to be caught with the pants down. However, it seems, I'm alone on the island.

After the boat builds net on clams, the city will be allowed to grow to at least size 2 while working clams and cow (2 food, hammer, and coin) and building another workboat for possible circumnavigation and exploration. Then, the worker will be started and will be part-rushed. He then will chop another worker, some basic protection (2 warriors and may be an axe, and 2-3 settlers to fill in the place as rapidly as possible.

Regarding research, I'm still undecided whether to try to grab some wonder. Colossus looks very mighty on this map so Oracle actually will be quite attractive. But IMHO, it might be extremely hard to get and I don't think that it is worth growth retardation. We'll grab there techs later on their own from the cottages.