View Single Post
Old 30-06-2003, 15:40   #10
col
King

I'll always play on too. I think AI attacks are part of the game and I wouldnt want to remove a random element. If you want everything exact and predictable then go play chess.

I lost against Meli mainly, i think, because he had a better starting position - but so what. He played very well. I tried as hard as I could then conceded when i could do no more. We both enjoyed the game. Backs to the wall defense has its moments too.

I also ruled for a restart in a Meli v Killer game when looking at the random generated map as a neutral third party, it was obvious that one side had a vastly inferior start and that there was no real chance for a contest. 10 cities v 4 cities doesnt make for a good game.

We have experienced mapmakers who main job is to ensure equal(ish)starts. If your mapmaker doesnt do their job then that is grounds for restarting the game as in Aggies post above but otherwise no.

It IS just a game guys. Sometimes you win; sometimes you lose. Accept losses gracefully and celebrate the wins.