View Single Post
Old 30-06-2003, 15:11   #7
ERIKK

[quote]quote:Originally posted by anarres

Quote:
Originally posted by digger760

Does no-one here see the danger of restarting on a high percentage of games? The biggest problem will be when players play on Deity and build very little or no defenses early on. In a decent munber of these games they will be attacked (in part because they are so weakly defended), and they will ask for a restart. A player who builds sever warriors/spears will be punished for playing a more balanced game - they would be better off playing a farmer gambit and restarting if attacked...
hmm... lets focus this on our games: that was absolutely not the case in our game I lost. But in our game right now I am strong compared to you while my units from turn 10 on die like flies against the barbs... You play it risky and see this as a tactic but you must know that if a Deity AI wants you dead in turn 30 there will not be much you can do apart from rushing some spears. And especially not when - in my game - you miss bronze working + warrior code and got the Greek hoplite as enemy.

I see this as pure and simple bad luck. No complaints whatsoever. But if you suggested a restart I would agree too. So, indeed, we need a general rule on this!
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote