View Single Post
Old 17-10-2007, 19:58   #3
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Like we discussed list night imo we can solve the issue for the Khmer by replacing India with Persia. Australia is an option for a 14th player with either the Dutch (discovered it) or the English (colonized it). Imo this may be a better option than forcing 4 players in the Americas.

I'm also investigating to host the game on a 1GB, 1.7GHz laptop which is doing nothing else atm. Good machine but its graphics capabilities suck but afaik that isn't an issue for running a Pitboss.

Also investigated the option to allow any leader for a Civ and it seems it is very well possible in BtS.

Last but not least we discussed the required mods to the map in the current RtW Open Thread and there seems to be consensus on most of the following:

Quote:
quote: I can finally run BtS from Linux so I plan to start what I had in mind for a while and that's a nice Earthmap for a BTS Pitboss. I'd like to get feedback from my to be killed fellow opponents first so therefore a little threadjack.

Modding the current Earthmap including:
- Make all continents similarly habitable. So reduce large mountain, desert, tundra and jungle areas in size. That's Rockies, Andes, Himalaya, Amazon, Sahara, Congo, Kalahari, Middle East, Central Asia, SE Asia, Indonesia, Australia, Northern Polar region and some other areas.
- Balance resources in location and abundance giving all players similar chance of access to lux, health and main critical strategic resources.
- Enable early contact and trade between all continents. That's basically enabling coastal trade over the Bering Strait, North Atlantic and Central Atlantic.
- Be a bit more flexible in which Civs start where for European and Middle East civs of which there are a lot and and have a greater distance for civs that would start to close to each other (like Mongolia and China )

Imo the main things that need work to make an even better Pitboss Earth map. Anything else?